1. I detest the taste of lemon in pudding. Lemon belongs only in soup, when accompanied by lots of greens.
2. My camera is more or less one of my best friends.
3. I’m pathetic about pain so I manage my eyebrows with hair removal cream.
4. I don’t like ice cream. Because it’s too cold. Apparently that’s strange.
5. No, cold drinks are fine. Preferable, actually.
6. I’m planning to be a gestational surrogate once I’ve finished using my womb to produce my own children.
7. Twins do run in my family. That had no bearing on my producing our twins though – they were conceived via IVF.
8. I loved the whole IVF process. There’s something very liberating about handing your fertility to the experts, even if it does mean sticking needles in your own stomach fat twice daily.
9. I’d happily be pregnant forever. Even with twins.
10. I am not in the least bit camera shy. In fact, one might say that I’m a bit of a narcissist about my picture. Being photographed is fun!
11. I met the love of my life on the internet before internet dating was a thing. And we were too young to be internet-dating, anyway.
12. Greece is my second home and I have a whole additional perfectly eccentric family there.
13. I don’t have a favourite colour. I love ALL colours.
14. I’m a chocolate snob. I don’t like cheap chocolate at all – it makes me gag. Except for Nutella. I could eat my bodyweight in Nutella.
15. My feet blister if shoes so much as look at them. This is why I more or less only ever put shoes on when somebody whips a camera out.
16. I haven’t cut my hair in years. It’s starting to wear me.
17. My favourite books and TV shows are where everyone is happy and NOTHING HAPPENS to change that. So, basically, modern entertainment makes me weep.
18. I have a huge collection of poetry memorised, and I like to recite it in my head whilst I’m walking
19. It has been alleged that I can’t sing. I vehemently disagree.
20. My childhood included twelve years of elocution lessons and consequently, nobody can work out where my accent is from.
21. In that childhood, I possessed a free-range pet chinchilla called Zoe. She was superb.
22. I’m a very intense person naturally.
23. Actually, I rather like being small and plump. I’m cosy.
24. That said, I have an obsession with my collarbone. I play with the hollow when I’m nervous.
25. I forced my parents to change my name when I was two. Yes, legally change it. And they did it. My birth certificate says Amy, passport says Amber. It made my security clearance for a previous job overly complicated.
26. I was a ridiculously precocious child. There was a lot of speculation that I was a genius, and then everybody else just… sort of caught up.
27. I am probably the clumsiest person I know.
28. I once nearly drowned during a school swimming gala because my mum had bought me a new costume. It was so big that every time I moved my arms to swim, the top gaped open, exposing my (teensy 13-year-old) boobs to every last watching parent. I was so mortified that I felt that I had no option but to stop splashing and sink slowly under the water, whereupon Mrs Parr, our PE coach, fished me out with an enormous pole.
29. Baby clothes are swiftly becoming my hobby. I’m going to be lost when there are no more babies.
30. I can’t touch towels. And if I’m forced to touch one by cruel circumstance I take care not to let my fingernails brush it. I think my worst nightmare is probably being made to bite one… shudder.
So that is thirty things that you probably didn’t know about me (or did you?!)! What don’t I know about you?