My good friend Amy Treasure recently compiled her ULTIMATE bucket list. She challenged me to do the same. I love a good daydream so this was right up my street.
1. Change my surname to match that of the twins
2. Get back into sculpting and make every last door knob in this house
3. Have another baby.
4. Become a grandma
5. Be a gestational surrogate for another family
6. Get married! Can you believe that we just haven’t got round to this yet?!
7. Publish a novel…
8. … and a photobook
9. Be a mum to a daughter
10. Train a service dog
11. Move to ‘my’ Greek island and finish raising our children there, in a little house by the sea
12. Go to medical school and become an obstetrician
13. Constantly improve my photography
14. Have a home birth
15. Own another horse (chestnut arab, please) and ride daily
16. Master the sewing machine and make my own clothes
17. Buy a house. Not even necessarily in London.
18. Breastfeed a child at least to a year
19. Have savings, actual savings, that don’t get splurged on IVF
20. Photograph a birth
21. Run a 10k
22. Wear a dress every day for a year. Just because.
23. Attend a blogging conference
24. Take the children to Hamley’s in London and let them go wild with my debit card
25. Attend a brand launch party!
26. Visit the Scilly Isles
27. Publish my first article for the Huffington Post
28. Raise the twins – and any subsequent children – to become good humans
29. Be the mother-in-law that everybody wants, one day
30. Convert back to veganism and take the family with me! (At present, we’re vegetarian.)
31. Learn to DRIVE. Living in London this hasn’t been necessary but it does make getting OUT of London tricky
32. Become an apiarist. That’s a bee-keeper. Sod my allergy to bee stings… they won’t get me if I’m nice to them, right?!
33. KEEP CHICKENS OMG.
34. Have my own olive grove and harvest enough olives for the whole family to enjoy year-round
35. Launch my own line of children’s clothing
36. Own and breed seahorses. Nerd. But how cool would this be?!
37. Get my hair to grow to bum-length before it turns completely grey
38. Learn Latin…
39. … and Ancient Greek
40. Throw a Pinterest-worthy first birthday party for the twins
41. Carve and paint my own rocking horse
42. Swim beneath a waterfall
43. Explore Iceland. The country, not the shop.
44. See my beautiful Josephine-dog peacefully to the end of her life, when the time comes
45. Own a different pair of glasses for every outfit
46. Watch the twins compete in the Shetland Grand National at Olympia…
47. … and win, obviously
48. Win a blogging award!
49. Once I have an actual, owned home, dedicate a whole spare room to being our family library
50. Be happy. If not every day, then most days.
Do you have an ultimate bucket list? Share ideas and inspiration here, or feel free to take the idea back to your own blogs.